[Mailman-Users] BCC to non-member poster ...

Jason LaMar jrlamar at owu.edu
Tue Aug 16 15:12:58 CEST 2005

I'm probably just overlooking a configuration setting, but I was wondering
if it's possible to automatically BCC (preferably) or CC non-members when
their postings to a list are distributed.

I'm on a college campus, and we're using Mailman to distribute messages to
specific groups (students, faculty, etc.). Often, students will send a
message to faculty/staff members ... or vice versa ... so they aren't part
of the list membership.

Of course, since all postings are moderated and require approval, the list
admins could just notify the sender when a message has been distributed. But
I was looking for an automated method.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason LaMar
Interim Director of Information Services
Libraries and Information Services
Ohio Wesleyan University; Delaware, OH 43015
Tel: 740-368-3131, Fax: 740-368-3272, Web: http://www.owu.edu/