[Mailman-Users] Emails with a Subject in Chinese to a Mailing List

game lover gamelover9001 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 17:53:10 CEST 2005

Thank you for the suggestion.

JC Dill <lists05 at equinephotoart.com> wrote:game lover wrote:
> Thank you for the response. I contacted the hosting service but
> they did not find any problem with their installation or setings. The
> spam filter was not set to discared any emails. I tried to send
> messages with a subject in Japanese and it worked fine. The problem is
> in the "Subject" and not in the "body". I am not sure that is the
> problem of version 2.1.5. But currently the hosting company is only
> using 2.1.5 and does not have a plan to upgrade to 2.1.6.

The message doesn't just disappear into thin air, and your hosting
company is the one that gets, and ultimately discards the message rather
than sending it out. Ask the hosting company to look in the logs for
the mail server and for mailman. Since you are paying them for their
service they are the ones who should help you get to the bottom of this.

jc