[Mailman-Users] How can our MM site admin see unadvertised lists via web interface?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Aug 10 11:26:52 CEST 2005

At 6:35 PM -0400 2005-08-09, Steve Rifkin wrote:

>  Even to the site admins?  Was it always like that?

	So far as I know, yes.  The problem is that there is no private
authenticated admin page.  Anyone can go to the admin interface page,
but you can't do anything from that page unless you've got the site
or list admin password(s).

>  Is there a reason why the design of Mailman doesn't allow for the web
>  interface to display _all_ lists for a Mailman site admin only?  I
>  would think that would be a good feature to have, in that, if I wanted
>  to configure lists remotely as the site admin (as opposed to a list
>  admin), I'd want to see the names of all the lists, advertised or not.

	As site admin, you should have command-line access to the server,
or at least be able to remember what private lists you've created.

	But you are right that this would be a nice feature.  Please feel
free to go to the SourceForge Mailman Request for Enhancement page at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=350103> and file
an RFE.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755