[Mailman-Users] How can our MM site admin see unadvertised lists via web interface?

Steve Rifkin steve410 at cs.jhu.edu
Tue Aug 9 18:31:56 CEST 2005

If I am the site Mailman admin for my Mailman site, using the web interface, how
can I see the lists of all my site's lists, including the unadvertised lists?

I find that if I go to the MM admin page for my site, it says, "There currently
are no publicly-advertised Mailman  mailing lists on mysite.jhu.edu.  To visit
the administrators configuration page for an unadvertised list, open a URL
similar to this one, but with a '/' and the list name appended."

However, there is at least one list on the site, but it is set not to
'advertise'.  As the site admin, I can log into this specific unadvertised list
from the web and make changes.

But, I have to know ahead of time that this list is actually on our MM server.

So, as site admin, how can I use the web interface to see the entire set of
lists, advertised and unadvertised, on my MM server via the web, so that I know
what lists I have to choose from?  I thought I used to be able to do this on an
old install of Mailman we used to have, but I can't seem to find any docs or FAQ
entries that describe how to do it.

(I know I can get the list of all MM mail lists at the command line, but if I'm
working remotely via the web, I'd like not to have to log into the MM server
machine at a command prompt and have to run the MM commands just to see all the
lists on our server.)

Thank in advance!

Steve