[Mailman-Users] Add the users' email adress in the footer

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Tue Aug 9 12:58:00 CEST 2005

On Aug 9, 2005, at 17:51, Travel in Spain wrote:

> I am using Mailman 2.1.5 and have enabled VERP. I am looking for a
> solution
> to add the subscribers' email adress in the footer of my emails.
> Any idea
> of the variable I can use? (such as %(real_name)s mailing list
> %(real_name)s@%(host_name)s ... but for the email adress !)

If you set OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes in your mm_cfg.py,
the non-digest options page will allow you to enable personalization
for your list.  If you check the help for msg_header or msg_footer in
that case, you will see you can use %(user_address)s or %
(user_delivered_to) to get the user's email address in all lower case
or case preserved form.  The %(user_optionsurl)s value to get a URL
pointing directly to the subscriber's options/unsubscribe page can be
very useful for subscribers not used to mailing lists.

This isn't directly related to VERP... but if you are already doing
VERP in Mailman, the added impact of enabling list personalization is
small.

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/