[Mailman-Users] Help in setting up Regular Expressions

ajit k jena ajit at iitb.ac.in
Sat Aug 6 05:24:31 CEST 2005

Hi,

I administer a few mailing lists. I have been struggling to
setup regular expressions to allow people to subscribe (and
may be post) from specfic address patterns.

I have seen some tips about doing this but none of those ideas
have worked for me.

Here is my need:

    Lets say I have a list xyz at iitb.ac.in.

    SUBSCRIPTION :

    I wish that people with address pattern abc at iitb.ac.in and
    def@<dept>.iitb.ac.in (where dept is a department such as
    phy, cc, che, chem, ee .... etc) to be able to send
    subscription requests to this list. All others must be
    automatically discarded.

    POSTING :

    Similarly, while posting, only members post without moderator's
    intervention. For postings that come from non-members the
    following should happen:

      a) Non-member address pattern confirming to the scheme
         abc at iitb.ac.in and def@<dept>.iitb.ac.in should be
         held up for moderator's approval.

      b) Non-member address pattern not confirming to the
         above patterns get discarded.

Basically, I am trying to lighten the burden on the moderator
in this SPAM infested world.

Pl send me your ideas ASAP.

Thanks.

--ajit
 Ajit K. Jena                      Phone : +91-22-25768750
 Computer Centre                           +91-22-25767751
 Indian Institute of Technology    Fax   : +91-22-25721210
 POWAI, Bombay-400076                      +91-22-25723894
 PIN 400076, India                 Email : ajit at iitb.ac.in