[Mailman-Users] Unknown local-part error

Steve Barr sbarr at mlsd.net
Thu Aug 4 18:48:34 CEST 2005

> > I created a list named "mad-mail-admin".  The list created
> fine, and I
> > received the e-mail stating that the list was created.
> When I send a
> > message to that list, I get an error in my Exim log that says:
> > mad-mail-admin at example.net: unknown local-part "mad-mail-admin" in
> > domain "example.net"
>
> -admin had special meaning with Mailman 2.0.  If you are
> using Mailman 2.1, you can remove -admin from the list of
> suffixes that the mailman router checks for.

Doh!  That's what I was missing.

> I still try to avoid using -admin in list names because of
> expectations of users who may expect it to by synonymous with -owner.

Unfortunately, the list names are "standards" created by our ISP.  I have to
create a distribution list with that name.  Maybe I'll change the list name
and alias it /etc/aliases...

Thanks for waking me up!

Steve

--
This message has been scanned for viruses by MLSD MailScanner