[Mailman-Users] Mailman help

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Thu Aug 4 09:38:45 CEST 2005

On Aug 4, 2005, at 13:11, ArtistSeries at aol.com wrote:

> I switched hosting companies and my new company  does not
> support mailman. My database files are still there but I cannot access
> mailman.. I need to get my list transfered to a txt file but not
> sure how to do  it..
> Mailman is disable so all i have is the files in the file manager...

The easiest way is to install Mailman somewhere and then use the
list_members tool.

Alternatively, you could recover the subscriber email addresses
fairly easily just by using Python on your local computer to open the
pickled copy of the list configuration.  Something like (meaning,
untested mail client code :-):

import cPickle
m = cPickle.load(open('config.pck', 'rb'))
for member in m['members']:
     print member
for digestmember in m['digest_members']:
     print digestmember

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/