[Mailman-Users] Throttle outbound mail delivery restricted to 200 per hour, Bounce

Chuck G chuckgo at chuckgo.com
Thu Aug 4 05:16:55 CEST 2005

Is it possible to Throttle outbound mail delivery in Mailman
To say it another way

Can I make Mailman send only 200 outbound messages per hour.

version 2.1.6
Linux cyan.com 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
apache (1.3.33 (Unix))

exim (exim-4.52-7_cpanel_smtpctl_av_rewrite_mm2_mmmtrap_exiscan_md5pass)

My hosting provider has set a limit of 200 outbound email messages per
domain.

My list has 500 subscribers

The first 200 emails Mailman sends,  go out to the mail subsystem  and
are delivered to the subscribers.
For the remaining 300 subscribers Mailman starts to receive message back
from the mail subsystem that report

------------------
From: Mailer-Daemon at myserver.wxy

Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

*@yahoo.com
    unrouteable mail domain "yahoo.com"
*@aol.com
    unrouteable mail domain "aol.com"
*@somedomain.com
    unrouteable mail domain "somedomain.com"
*@anydomain.com
    unrouteable mail domain "anydomain.com"
*@Alldomains.com
    unrouteable mail domain "Alldomains.com"
Repeated for each of the remaining 300 subscribers

I get 300 copies

Chuck Gogolin
chuckgo at chuckgo.com