[Mailman-Users] virtual hosts and https

Dan Collins bigtuner at comcast.net
Mon Aug 1 17:55:53 CEST 2005

Hello All -

With Mark Sapiro's help, I got Mailman running on my apache virtual server, at least for the most important virtual host, xxx.org.  I'd like to get Mailman to deliver from either of my two virtual hosts both over https. I have mailman and pipermail dirs set up in httpd.conf under each of the virtual hosts. I'm using Sendmail.

So, before unsubscribing from this list, I have a couple of questions. -

1) In the mm_cfg.py file, I have

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'xxxx.org'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'xxxx.org'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST) (NOTE: doesn't need quotes, right? It worked fine without quotes)
add_virtualhost('second-virtual-host.com', 'second-virtual-host.com') (NOTE: needs quotes or I get an error message when running mailmanctl restart)

Right now, the list I want to run from second-virtual-host and its admin pages come up under https://xxxx.org . When I try to use the web interface from second-virtual-host/mailman/admin/list-name, I get 404 error still under https://xxxx.org .

I changed the list setting to second-virtual-host.com, so now Overview at the bottom of the page includes second-virtual-host.com, but all links at the bottom of the page (including Overview) shows the url as https://xxxx.org . In other words, I can not reach the list from second-virtual-host.com, either http or https.

I hope that this message is clear enough to spell out my problem and hopefully initiate a useful response.

Thanks as always.

Dan