[Mailman-Users] Newbie Questions

Jason Williard jwilliard at pcsafe.com
Sat Apr 30 02:41:36 CEST 2005

I just finished installing Mailman 2.1.5 with Postfix 2.2 on my system.  It
appears to be almost working with just a few issues that I'm hoping I could
get some help resolving.

1) I created the lists while working under http://lists.pcsafe.net/mailman/.
However, I would like to have them under http://lists.pcsafe.com/mailman/.
When I go to the listinfo or admin the lists don't show up when I go to the
.com.  Is there any way to fix this without recreating the lists under the
.com interface?  Below are the important lines from mm_cfg.py:

  MTA = 'Postfix'

  add_virtualhost('lists.pcsafe.net', 'lists.pcsafe.com')

  add_virtualhost('list.pcsafe.com', 'lists.pcsafe.com')

  add_virtualhost('list.pcsafe.net', 'lists.pcsafe.com')

  POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.pcsafe.com', 'lists.pcsafe.net',
'list.pcsafe.com', 'list.pcsafe.net']

  SMTPHOST = 'mx.pcsafe.net'

2) When sending any messages to the lists, I get the following error.

                  The Postfix program

  <pcsafe-users at pcsafe.net> (expanded from <pcsafe-users at lists.pcsafe.com>):

    maildir delivery failed: create

    /usr/local/mailman/qfiles/maildir/tmp/1114820818.P3390.vs01: Permission
denied

I have Postfix configured to deliver to Maildir/ and have added the
following 2 lines to mm_cfg.py:

  USE_MAILDIR = Yes

  QRUNNERS.append(('MaildirRunner', 1))

Does anyone know what is wrong here?  I have tried changing the permissions
on /usr/local/mailman/qfiles/maildir to 02760 and added the user postfix to
the mailman group.  I also tried changing the ownership of the entire
maildir folder to postfix:mailman, but this is offering the same result.

---

Thank You

Jason Williard