[Mailman-Users] Sendmail: using aliases

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Apr 29 19:55:50 CEST 2005

At 11:53 AM -0400 2005-04-29, Randall Perry wrote:

>>  If I remember right (gee, it's only been a week since I got Mailman
>>  re-installed
>>  on this box after a disk crash, and I'm already forgetting things), you need
>>  set the set-guid bit for the CGIs...
>
>  They're all set correctly. Think I read somewhere that set-guid doesn't work
>  properly on BSD, which Mac OSXS is based on.

	MacOS X 10.3.9 has turned off all setuid (that's SETUID, not
SETGID) shell scripts, but if you know the magic incantation you can
turn them back on.  However, Python is not a shell script, so this
isn't a problem for us.

	So far as I know, setgid works just fine on MacOS X, at least for
non-shell scripts.  Of course, Mailman uses setuid and not setgid, so
this wouldn't be a problem for us anyway.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755