[Mailman-Users] How do I default to HTML, not plain text emails?

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Thu Apr 28 07:22:11 CEST 2005

On Apr 28, 2005, at 04:14, Daevid Vincent wrote:

> How do I make it so that new members on the lists get HTML email. It
> defaults to plain and after a bulk insert, I have to manually go check
> that
> checkbox. Grr.

Are you referring to the 'plain' checkbox on the Membership
Management... Membership List... page?  That controls the format of the
list digests (allowing you to select either plain text or MIME
formatted digests).  You can set the default on the Digest options...
page.  It does not refer to HTML formatted email.

If you want users to receive HTML formatted messages, you will want to
mail HTML messages (or multipart-alternative) messages to the list, and
make sure you have configured Content filtering... not to remove them
or convert text/html parts into plain text.  (You may also want to make
sure the msg_footer is an empty string.)

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/