[Mailman-Users] Permission problem

Bob Applegate bob at applegate.org
Sun Apr 24 16:53:57 CEST 2005

I just installed Mailman 2.1.5 on a FreeBSD 5.3 machine.  Some of it
appears to work properly, but I still have a permission problem.

When creating a list via the mailman/creat web page, I get an error:

    OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/njqrp.mbox'

When I look in that directory, I see that the file is not created.  My web
software is running as user www, not mailman.

I tried setting the setuid bit for applications in the bin directory, but it
doesn't
seem to help, so I obviously missed some important set-up step.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob