[Mailman-Users] Changing Contact Mailing Address

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Apr 22 22:03:14 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 21:41 +0200, Jardar Eggesbø Abrahamsen wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, John Dennis wrote:
>
> > It's not the members page, its the General Options page,
> > http://your-server/mailman/admin/mailman
> >
> > It the second item down labeled "The list administrator email
> > addresses."
>
> Wouldn't that be the address that messages for mailman-owner at domain.tld
> are sent to? Whereas messages for mailman at domain.tld are sent to the
> member(s) of the mailman list? Or did I miss something?

People don't email to the mailman list, its not meant to exist as a
mailing list. It serves a structural (admin) purpose, for example so
there is an origin for password reminders. There are normally no members
of the mailman list, its a special list often called the "site list".
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>