[Mailman-Users] migration mailman lists, dealing with paths in config.db

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Fri Apr 22 06:39:38 CEST 2005

On Apr 21, 2005, at 16:20, Geoff Crompton wrote:

> Is there an easy way of updating the paths in the config.db file? I
> have tried the config_list program, it fails when using the -i option,
> do to the difference in paths! Preferably a scripty way, as there are
> quite a few lists to move.

What is the error message?  (I'm surprised that it fails.)

But ignoring that... it might be easiest to work around the problem by
creating symbolic links at the old locations... at least long enough to
update them.

You could use bin/withlist to modify all your lists.  (Run it with no
arguments  for help.  In particular, not the section where it explains
the -r argument.)

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/