[Mailman-Users] Trouble posting to a list

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Fri Apr 22 05:26:28 CEST 2005

On 4/21/2005 8:40, "Martin Dennett" <md69 at md69.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a member of a list that I run who is not in the banned members,
> and is trying the very simple task of posting a mail to that list. He's
> forwarding me a copy of the mail and it is obviously being addressed
> correctly. Trouble is, the mail is not hitting the list, it's not
> getting sent to the administrator for approval (which it shouldn't
> anyway as there are no conditions that would cause it to), and the
> sender is not getting any mail back as to why his post is not reaching
> the list. I've even unsubbed and resubbed the member to no avail.
>
> Anybody got any ideas please?

You need to check the MTAs logs to find out whether the message even arrived
on the Mailman machine, and if so what happened to it.  If it got there and
was sent to Mailman in the usual way, then check the Mailman post log and
some of the others.

If you don't have access to the machine, this will be more difficult (or
more expensive, if the provider charges you for their time).

  --John