[Mailman-Users] mailman.db warning

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Apr 20 17:07:57 CEST 2005

Serge Hartmann wrote:

>now, during a test (e-mail sent to a list), here are my logs :
>
># tail -f /var/log/mail/info
>Apr 20 15:31:29 rahan postfix/local[16260]: E08B71F97A:
>to=<test05 at lists.antipolis.fr>, relay=local, delay=0, status=SOFTBOUNCE
>(Command died with status 2: "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test05".
>Command output: Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper
>script to be executed as group "mail", but the system's mail server
>executed the mail script as group "nogroup".  Try tweaking the mail server
>to run the script as group "mail", or re-run configure,  providing the
>command line option `--with-mail-gid=nogroup'. )
>
>it still doesn't work, but maybe I'm on the right way ?

Yes. You now have your aliases recognized by Postfix and your mail is
being properly piped to the wrapper, but as it says, there is now a
mismatch between the group Postfix is using to run the pipe and the
group the wrapper expects.

You need to do as it says. Either

(1)change the Postfix configuration somehow (I can't tell you how -
this is a Postfix, not a Mailman question) so that Postfix pipes the
mail to Mailman as group 'mail', or

(2)Rerun mailman's configure script exactly as was done previously
except with the addition (or change) of '--with-mail-gid=nogroup' and
then rerun 'make install'