[Mailman-Users] footer

Jardar Eggesbø Abrahamsen jardar at nvg.ntnu.no
Tue Apr 19 15:32:18 CEST 2005

Well, I discovered what was the matter. The footer is always sent as ISO
8859-1, even if it contains only US ASCII characters. To one list I
usually write in Norwegian, so the body is also ISO 8859-1, and then the
footer is appended to the body. To the other list I usually write only
ASCII. In that case the footer has another content-type than the body, and
it is attached as a separate mime part.

I wonder why the footer is always ISO 8859-1. And in the instances where
it only contains ASCII characters, it would be compatible with most
encodings, and could in theory just be appended to the body anyway,
couldn't it?

Jardar