[Mailman-Users] Mailing List

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Mon Apr 18 09:17:34 CEST 2005

On Apr 14, 2005, at 19:55, Sinh Quan wrote:

> I am trouble shooting a mailing list in which mails did not go to
> members.
> The list I am dealing with has nearly 7000 members and I don't want to
> send a test email to all of them.  I would like to send to just 1 for
> testing purposes.

Enabling VERP (for at least one posting) might be more effective.

> Is there a quick way of setting the no mail marker to all members
> rather
> than 1 by 1 and then untick them again later?

Yes, you can do this with bin/withlist.  You will want to
setDeliveryStatus(user, MemberAdaptor.BYADMIN) to set nomail.  Then to
untick them, you will want to search for those that their delivery
status set to BYADMIN and set it back to MemberAdaptor.ENABLED.

But checking the Mailman and MTA logs (especially with VERP enabled)
seems more productive.
--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/