[Mailman-Users] missing posts

Heather Madrone heather at madrone.com
Sat Apr 16 19:30:56 CEST 2005

At 9:53 AM -0700 4/16/05, marioca wrote:
>Can anyone help out with this problem.  We have had subscribers missing posts in the past and it has happened again. Here is the most recent sequence of events in which subscribers did not get which post:
>
>1. Earthlink subscriber posts to list
>2. VTR.net (from Chile) subscriber responded to #1
>3. Mindspring subscriber received post by #2 but not #1
>4. Hotmail subscriber received #3 post but not #1 and #2
>
>Has any one else experienced this or have an idea about what is
>causing certain people not to get certain messages?

If you take a look at your MTA logs, you should be able to see if the deliveries
are failing at your end.  If not, I'd suggest that the subscribers check their
spam filters.  A lot of spam filters handle lists badly, and the subscriber might
need to fish list posts out of the spam folder and add posters to their whitelist.

--
Heather Madrone  (heather at madrone.com)  http://www.madrone.com

A rolling stone gathers no mass.