[Mailman-Users] Problems writing to my mailman list

Meike Reichle mrei0999 at rz.uni-hildesheim.de
Fri Apr 15 20:23:48 CEST 2005

Hi all,

first of all sorry about the stupid mail earlier. I wanted to test
mailman at mydomain and simply typed mailman<tab>, not considering that I
had this list's address in my address book. Again, sorry about that!

Now for why I was testing my mailman list: I've got a whole lot of
mailing lists, which all work perfectly fine. The only one that doesn't
work is the mailman list which I created first when setting up mailman.
The Error message I get is:
Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail
wrapper script to be executed as group "mailman", but
the system's mail server executed the mail script as
group "daemon".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the
script as group "mailman", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=daemon'.

What confuses me is that this error only occurs when sending mail to the
mailman list, all others work out allright. Is there anything special
about the mailman list that could trigger that error?

Thanks for any hints :)
Meike