[Mailman-Users] Setting option flag for all users?

Jared Smith jared at cpd2.usu.edu
Thu Apr 14 19:35:14 CEST 2005

I just got mailman 2.1.5 up and running on Debian and only pulled out
about half of my hair in the process. I had set send_reminders (to send
the monthly password reminders) in my list admin to NO and then imported
our 1000 or so users. I have everything up and running perfectly and am
now shocked to see that all of the imported users have the "Get password
reminder email for this list?" flag set to YES, which means they will get
the password reminder anyway, right?

So, is there a way for me to change this setting for all users to NO and
then give them the option to enable it if they choose to. Totally
disabling the password reminders isn't an option - I just don't want the
user to get them unless they change the setting to YES.

I really don't want to change the options manually in the Web interface
for 1000 usrs. I've narrowed this down to the send_reminders flag in the
user options, but I'm not sure how to change this flag to 0 for all the
users. Perhaps a withlist command?

Jared