[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman-Users Digest, Vol 14, Issue 22

Paul Williams paul.williams at uwex.edu
Thu Apr 14 16:13:11 CEST 2005

Just last week I did a move all my mailmna lists
to a totally new server, I moved  where mailman was installed
and had a new version of Mailman.

I needed to run

   bin/withlist -l -r fix_url -a

as described in 3.4 in the Mailman FAQ
and then I encountered the apparently known problem described in 3.38
in the Mailman FAQ, ie.

After upgrading mailman it gives out erroneous moderation messages, eg
"Subject: -1 LISTNAME moderator request(s) waiting
This fixes itself when you go to the link.

There is a description how to fix the problem other than going to the link,
but to be honest, the description was not written in a way that I could
understand to fix the problem.  I understood how to use the python fix for
one list but I have about 400+ lists and I didn't want to run it by hand on
all 400+ lists.  So I just told owners to click on the link and it
should fix it for them.

paulw