[Mailman-Users] Migrating lists to new server...

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Thu Apr 14 04:54:09 CEST 2005

On Apr 13, 2005, at 22:40, Tony Bibbs wrote:

> I'm trying to successfully migrate all lists and associated accounts
> over to a new server.  I copied everythign in the /lists and /data
> directories.  This seemed to produce the lists just fine but none of
> the addresses tied to each list came with them.  Thoughts?

(You will probably also want to copy the archives and mm_cfg.py
customizations.)

If you copied the contents of the lists directory, that contains all of
the subscriber addresses.

If you mean the addresses to reach the mailing lists, you will also
need to copy or recreate all of the aliases that pipe mail into mailman
(unless you use an MTA scheme that automatically detects the lists,
which is most common for Exim users).  the bin/genaliases command can
(re)build the complete list of aliases for your lists.  (If you are
using Postfix, you will also want to tell it where to find the aliases
in the data directory... details are in README.POSTFIX.)

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/