[Mailman-Users] mailman and ssl fun

Tierra etierra at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 23:51:05 CEST 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 1:16 PM, Mauricio Tavares <raub at grove.ufl.edu> wrote:
>          mailman and ssl fun: Since I only have one webserver without
> extra IPs for the different sites, I want to setup my mailman virtual
> host so it goes to mailman.kushana.com:10445 (through ssl). So, I get
> soemthing like this:
>
> <VirtualHost mailman.kushana.com:10445>
>       DocumentRoot "/export/bin/mailman"
>       ServerName mailman.kushana.com
>       ScriptAlias /mail/    "/export/bin/mailman/cgi-bin/"
>       ScriptAlias /mailman/    "/export/bin/mailman/cgi-bin/"
>       Alias /pipermail/ /export/bin/mailman/archives/public/
>       CustomLog /usr/local/apache/logs/access.mailman combined
>       ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/errors.mailman
>
> SSLEngine               on
>
> SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
> SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/server.key
> </VirtualHost>
>
> After restarting apache, I set my browser to

> I get the authentication page without a problem.  But, once I enter the
> password and click on the login button, I am pointed to the url

> on port 443. What am I doing wrong here?

Double check you have these variables set in your mm_cfg.py:
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mailman.kushana.com:10445'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

There's still some minor issues though with SSL I think since I have
mine all set, and for the most part, it works, but there's still a few
miscellaneous links that don't link to the SSL side of my server
(using version 2.1.5). One major area that's lacking is that the login
forms don't POST using SSL, I think a number of the generated URLs are
lacking some of the settings.

Bryan Petty