[Mailman-Users] Authentication required?

Lynn Siprelle lynn at siprelle.com
Fri Apr 8 17:52:46 CEST 2005

> 	It sounds like your ISP changed their configuration so as to require
> authentication for outgoing mail.  Or the remote MTA is misconfigured
> so that it thinks you should have to authenticate before it will
> accept your message.
>
> 	Either way, this appears to be a problem you need to discuss with
> them, and you'd be much more likely to get useful guidance in the
> future if you discussed these issues on a mailing list that is
> dedicated to supporting Exim.

Being new to Exim and not understanding whether this was a Mailman
issue or a mail server issue, I thank you. Could have done without the
dollop of snark, but that's the internet.

Lynn S.

------
Lynn Siprelle * web developer, writer, mama, fiber junky
http://www.siprelle.com * http://www.thenewhomemaker.com
http://www.democracyfororegon.com * http://www.knitting911.net