[Mailman-Users] approval via e-mail, unexpected Re: behavior

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Apr 7 04:05:24 CEST 2005

Lauren Weinstein wrote:

>By the way, I just wanted to say how incredibly useful I'm
>finding Mailman.  It was a bit of work to convert over from
>my ancient, hand-cranked Majordomo systems, but it was worth it.
>
>While I think of it, is there any way for me to cause the full text
>of submissions to be returned to senders when the moderator rejects?
>Sometimes only a small issue caused the rejection, and it would be
>nice to give the author the message back so that they could easily
>modify and resubmit if they don't have a copy around already.

Currently, the only way I know to do this is to edit the approval
message and then forward it back to the original poster. Note that the
"todo" list for futre implementation at http://www.list.org/todo.html
contains both of the following:

#  Allow the moderator to edit posts being held for approval (make it
evident, either through a header or other means that the message was
edited by the moderator).
# New moderation choice: annotate and send to author for resubmittal.
Or just be able to annotate the message for multiple moderator
scenarios.