[Mailman-Users] mailman path issue FC3

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Apr 6 06:30:01 CEST 2005

Obantec Support wrote:

>I am running FC3 and installed mailman using yum.
>now the cron is running but root emails show
>
>      Subject Cron <mailman at proteus2a> mailman
>/usr/lib/mailman/cron/disabled
>

>Illegal command: /usr/lib/mailman/cron/disabled
>
>i put a link in /bin/mailman to /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman

I don't know why you would need to link /bin/mailman to anything, but
in any case, /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman is the wrapper that handles
incoming mail. It has nothing to do with cron jobs.

>and from bash with mailman i get Usage: mailman program [args...] so it
>seems to find mailman ok.
>
>but
>
>[root at proteus2a tmp]# mailman /usr/lib/mailman/cron/disabled
>Illegal command: /usr/lib/mailman/cron/disabled

The crontab that runs this expects it to be in
/usr/lib/mailman/cron/disabled and it either isn't there or doesn't
have execute permission or ??

Are the cron scripts in /usr/lib/mailman/cron/? if so, it must be a
permission issue. If not, move them there, put a link there to where
they are or change the crontab entries to point to where they are.

I'm not a Red Hat guy so this probably isn't the optimum advice, but it
should give you a clue.