[Mailman-Users] avoiding notification message when posting held for moderation

Roland Winkler roland.winkler at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Apr 4 18:49:53 CEST 2005

When postings from non-members are held for moderation by the list
moderators, the sender will receive a notification message which
will allow them to cancel their held message.

How can I avoid that the senders receive the notification message?

The context is the following: In my case, most of the held messages
are spam. So these emails should really be discarded. But every now
and then there are posts which are not spam. And I do not know any
filter rules that I could use to distinguish automatically between
spam and other posts.
Another possibility would be to discard _all_ these posts, but
send copies of the auto-discarded messages to the administrator.
However, I prefer to do all administrational tasks via the web
interface.

So it seems to that I should switch of the notification messages.
But how? Or is there another possibility I have overlooked?

By the way, I am using Mailman 2.1.4.

Thanks,

Roland