[Mailman-Users] scrubbing attachments

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Sep 30 08:53:42 CEST 2004

In our lab, everyone continuously sends PDFs of several megabytes.
Mailman archives these nicely, referencing scrubbed attachments from
the archived message:

  A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
  Name: programm_ssf04.pdf
  Type: application/pdf
  Size: 3477360 bytes
  Desc: not available

However, the attachment is still delivered to all 80+ subscribers.

I wonder if it's possible to replace the attachment in the email
with a link to the file saved under /attachments/... of the list
archives? Or is this not possible because the archives are actually
generated separately by pipermail?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

"time flies like an arrow. fruit flies like a banana."
                                                       -- groucho marx