[Mailman-Users] how do I make sure my replies are in the correct thread?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Sep 28 09:10:53 CEST 2004

At 1:55 PM -0400 2004-09-27, Greg Rezansoff wrote:

>  Every time I reply, it creates a new thread!  Its the Vorbis group, so
>  my emails get a [Vorbis] in the subject.

	Then your MUA (Microsoft Exchange V6.0.6249.0?) is broken.  See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.010.htp>.

>  How the heck do I specify the thread I am replying to?

	You don't.  It's up to your MUA to handle this properly.

>  This is extremely frustrating, because its a basic functionality, and I
>  cannot find it in your docs!!!

	There's nothing we can do to help you with this problem.  Had you
gone to the Mailman FAQ Wizard at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py> and searched for "thread",
you would have turned up the previously mentioned article.

	Other than that, there's nothing we can do to help you with this problem.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755