[Mailman-Users] Ban List

mehrab at mehrab.org mehrab at mehrab.org
Thu Sep 23 20:49:12 CEST 2004

Dear Sir,

I own a mailing list which I manage thru mailman software. I am quite new
to this software. I actually used Yahoo Groups for more than theree years
for my list but recently migrated to my own server with mailman to manage
the list. I have difficulty in getting members ban from the list.
The ban list screen says the following:
"Addresses in this list are banned outright from subscribing to this
mailing list, with no further moderation required. Add addresses one per
line; start the line with a ^ character to designate a regular expression
match."
which means an address should be like ^x at y.z.
But when I tried to directly subscribe this address (after banning) it
gets added to the list. I also tried ot ban x at y.z but still able to add
this address to the list. Could you please help me on this?
I also could not figure out how to see the complete list of members as one
file. I have more than 25000 members on my list. Same for the unsusbcribed
members as I used to get these in Yahoo Groups quite easily.
I have tried to find the info at university of washington pages but
unfortunately the information given there did work with me.

Thanks in advance.