[Mailman-Users] List Woes

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Sep 24 10:56:18 CEST 2004

At 10:58 PM -0700 2004-09-23, John W. Baxter wrote:

>  That takes care of only "authorized addresses" sending the list.  Without
>  help from your mail system, it doesn't do much for preventing the forging of
>  mail from the authorized addresses.

	True enough.  Out of the box, Mailman does not have any
cryptographic authentication mechanisms to verify that a given person
really did send a particular message.

>  You don't actually have to solve that problem until it happens (unless you
>  fear the first instance will create a "hostile workplace" situation)...then
>  require moderation until you come up with a better solution.

	I understand that there is a patch to add PGP authentication (see
<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=645297&group_id=103>),
and there may be other alternatives for similar integration as well.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755