[Mailman-Users] Mailman Questions

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Sep 24 10:50:15 CEST 2004

At 9:17 PM -0700 2004-09-23, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>  Read the material in Defaults.py regarding VERP_CONFIRM_FORMAT,
>  VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP and VERP_CONFIRMATIONS.

	I stand corrected.  I had missed this option.  For the benefit of
those who don't know what Mark is talking about, these options say:

# For nicer confirmation emails, use a VERP-like format which encodes the
# confirmation cookie in the reply address.  This lets us put a more user
# friendly Subject: on the message, but requires cooperation from the MTA.
# Format is like VERP_FORMAT above, but with the following substitutions:
#
# %(confirm)s -- the list-confirm mailbox will be set here
# %(cookie)s  -- the confirmation cookie will be set here
VERP_CONFIRM_FORMAT = '%(addr)s+%(cookie)s'

# This is analogous to VERP_REGEXP, but for splitting apart the
# VERP_CONFIRM_FORMAT.
VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP = r'^(?P<addr>[^+]+?)\+(?P<cookie>[^@]+)@.*$'

# Set this to Yes to enable VERP-like (more user friendly) confirmations
VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = No

>>	Not that I know of, no.
>
>  Go to the FAQ at http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py and read
>  article 3.9.

	Interesting.  I missed that one, too.

	Thanks for the clarifications!

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755