[Mailman-Users] Moderator's approvals

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 23 12:04:01 CEST 2004

At 10:22 PM -0400 2004-09-21, David Sumner wrote:

>  	I have set up a new list using mailman. In the send filter area I have
>  indicated that non-members messages are to be accepted and that works.
>  However, when members of the list submit to it their mail needs to be
>  approved. Can someone suggest what flag/indicator I have missed?

	Go to the "Privacy options..." page for your list.  Now, go down
to the "Sender filters" sub-page.

	If you want all subscribers to be able to post without
moderation, then you probably want to make the first radio button on
this page to "No".  If this is set to "Yes", then by default all new
subscribers will be moderated until you manually clear their
moderation bit in the "Membership Management..." section.

	Then, you want to make sure that you have the right settings
configured for "Action to take when a moderated member posts to the
list" and "Action to take for postings from non-members for which no
explicit action is defined".

	Of course, you'll need to make sure that the moderation bits are
set correctly for the subscribers in the "Membership Management..."
section.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755