[Mailman-Users] Mailman Questions

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 23 11:52:39 CEST 2004

At 2:11 PM -0700 2004-09-17, Cheryl LaSalle wrote:

>    a.. We are migrating from another list program to Mailman and adding
>  members via Mass Subscription.  Is there any way to skip the Confirm step
>  in this situation?

	Sure.  Go to the "Privacy options..." page for your list and turn
off the "confirm" radio buttons while mass subscribing, then turn
them back on afterwards.

>    b.. Is there any way to edit the content of the following messages,
>  which we'd like to make some minor changes to:
>      a.. Confirm message - other than adding text to the "additional text"
>          box under Mass Subscription
>      b.. Welcome message, other than updating welcome_msg
>      c.. Digest, other than updating digest_header and digest_footer

	So far as I know, your only customization options are to change
these or to change the templates, unless you want to make changes to
the source code.

	If you want to see the limits of what Mailman can do with
customization of outgoing messages, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.037.htp>.
If you want to see the limits of what you can do to customize the
look and feel of the Mailman web interface, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.040.htp>.

>    c.. Is there any way that the subject line of the confirm e-mail can be
>  made "friendlier".  Seeing something like "confirm
>  82b57cdc0f01bb4c4954c6346583539ebee04502" in a subject line is daunting
>  to an unsuspecting recipient of a Confirm e-mail via Mass Subscription.

	Not without changing the source code, no.

>    d.. Is there any way for the Moderator to be able to edit the content
>        of a posting prior to approval?

	Not that I know of, no.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755