[Mailman-Users] Email not being distributed...

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Sep 22 02:11:44 CEST 2004

<jean at dancecentral.com.au> wrote:

>I created a small list of about 10 members to start and tested it for a couple of days... changing settings to make sure all goes the way It should.
>Then I finished loading the email address and I have almost 5000.
>I tried today to send my first newsletter and it looks like it's not being distributed (I know because I have several addresses that I own and that I keep checking).
>I made sure the maximum kb per email was set high enough also the recipient filter is set to 10000 recipients..... so it should work just like when I sent the test emails to 10 people.

The Recipient Filter max_num_recipients has nothing do do with how many
list members a post can be delivered to. It is the maximum number of
addressees in To: and Cc: in the incoming message to the list that is
allowed without holding the message for moderator review.

You may have a problem with the MTA accepting messages with a large
number of envelope to addresses. You may want to look at
SMTP_MAX_RCPTS in Defaults.py and perhaps set it to a LOWER value in
mm_cfg.py.

Also search the FAQ as Brad suggested in another reply.