[Mailman-Users] virtual host reference and listinfo

Fred Look and Brenda Carson bree at wave.co.nz
Sun Sep 19 23:49:09 CEST 2004

Hi
I have a almost the same problem

In this case accessing the listinfo thru its public url (ie from outside thru
the router) gives the correct pages

but accessing it using its local network address gives the no public lists
page (and all the links are absolute urls so cant move anywhere).

I would like to give you the answer but i havent figured it out yet
however i think it may have something to do with these lines from
 /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py

def get_domain():
    #host = os.environ.get('HTTP_HOST', os.environ.get('SERVER_NAME'))
    #port = os.environ.get('SERVER_PORT')
    # Strip off the port if there is one
    ##if port and host.endswith(':' + port):
    ##     host = host[:-len(port)-1]
    #if mm_cfg.VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW and host:
    #    return host.lower()
    #else:
        # See the note in Defaults.py concerning DEFAULT_HOST_NAME
        # vs. DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.
        hostname = mm_cfg.DEFAULT_HOST_NAME or mm_cfg.DEFAULT_URL_HOST
        return hostname.lower()

any python experts around ?

Fred