[Mailman-Users] No Archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Sep 18 23:27:16 CEST 2004

John Fleming wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> Is the Archive public? If not, the above link won't work - it needs to
>> be http://www.wa9als.com/mailman/private/spamassassin/ (which does
>> seem to work or at least take me to a login page). Even if the archive
>> is public, there needs to be an alias for /pipermail/ in your web
>> server.
>
>Yes, it's public, and the above link works and displays the archive.  Thus I
>think the problem is related to the alias - What should it be exactly??
>

>From the Mailman INSTALL document:

    - Configure your web server to point to the Pipermail public
      mailing list archives:

      For example, in Apache:

         Alias /pipermail/ $varprefix/archives/public/

      where $varprefix is usually $prefix unless you've used the
      --with-var-prefix option to configure.

      Consult your web server's documentation for details.  Also be
      sure to configure your web server to follow symbolic links in
      this directory, otherwise public Pipermail archives won't be
      accessible.  For Apache users, consult the FollowSymLinks
      option.