[Mailman-Users] illeagal email address

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 17 02:59:34 CEST 2004

John W. Baxter wrote:

>But that / isn't in the list name, it is in the local part of a (would-be)
>subscribed address.  At least as I read the question.
>
>I would indeed expect Mailman to prohibit a / in a list name.

Yes, and apparently it also prohibits it in a subscriber address. I
tried subscribing a slightly munged version of the address through the
mass subscribe interface on Mailman 2.1.4 with the following result

Error subscribing:

    * weincek_g/li at nogood.k12.il.us -- Hostile address (illegal
characters)