[Mailman-Users] Postfix integration.

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Sep 14 10:27:16 CEST 2004

At 7:56 PM -0500 2004-09-08, Eric Renfro wrote:

>  How could I get use mailman/lists to generate a postfix "route" map, so
>  I could have a usable recipient map somewhat similar to what's shown at:
>
>  http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2004-01/0207.html

	If you follow the instructions in the README.POSTFIX file (see
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mailman/mailman/README.POSTFIX?rev=2.11.2.5&view=markup>),
specifically the section marked "INTEGRATING POSTFIX AND MAILMAN",
then the aliases will automatically be generated for you and you
won't have the problem of accepting garbage for random e-mail
addresses at your site.  You won't need the postfix "route" map stuff.

	That said, if you still want to go this way, I think you're going
to have to make modifications to the Mailman source code.  We've
created one way to address this problem which has been sufficient so
far, and if you need something else, then you need to develop the
code to do that (or get someone else to develop the code for you).

	Of course, if you do this, we would appreciate having that code
contributed back to the project so that others may benefit.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755