[Mailman-Users] Bounce Settings

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Sep 11 20:32:10 CEST 2004

Mike Phillips wrote:

>I would like to modify bounce settings such that I am notified of bounces immediately instead of a week or two down the road, based on list traffic. The settings are not clear to me. Which settings should I change to achieve this? The settings appear to be interrelated.

As far as I know, there is no way (short of hacking the code) to get
Mailman to send you the bounce messages that don't result in
subscription disables. You might be able to set up your MTA aliases
(or maybe procmail) to copy mail to the -bounces address to you, but
this would be MTA specific and I can't tell you how.

The only thing you can do inside mailman is set the threshold so that
the first bounce causes a disable. Otherwise, you can see the fact
that there was a bounce in the Mailman bounce log, but you don't see
the message.