[Mailman-Users] Filtering by file type - is it possible

Howard Moscovitz h at mosc.com
Wed Sep 8 20:11:48 CEST 2004

We recently received a message from a masqueraded user. The included
attachment was a file of type ".pif". It had a virus which fortunatley
didn't do any harm.

Our list accepts attachments. Most come in as mimetype
application/octet-stream. I can't filter out these
application/octet-stream attachments, but I can identify the filetypes
we can accept. Is there a way I can filter out messages that have
attachments with filtypes I don't want?

I could set up a procmail recipe to weed out these messages. Can one use
procmail with mailman? Any suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks much,
Howard