[Mailman-Users] Mailing List

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Sat Sep 4 02:15:47 CEST 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 07:35:30AM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Jason Paul wrote:
> >Is there any way I can get one list off all the members in a mailing list so
> >I can move them to another domain with a different list?
>
>   $prefix/bin/list_members
>
> If you don't have access to command line tools try
>
>   http://mailman.host.domain/mailman/roster/listname
>
> with the obvious substitutions for your host and list name.

(The disadvantage with that method is that members can choose
to 'hide' their membership from that list.)

Another option that may be available (depending upon how your
list is configured) is to mail the 'who' command to the
listname-request address.

And yet another option that should be used only when all else
fails is to use Python running on a local machine to script
visiting all of the web pages of the membership management
administrative interface and build the list.
 <http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb>

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/