[Mailman-Users] Messages stuck in qfiles

Hurley, Michael MHurley at law.uconn.edu
Fri Sep 3 19:29:55 CEST 2004

I'm experiencing some odd behavior with Mailman. All was working fine or so
I thought. I maintain >180 lists and >1000 subscribers.

The system:
SuSE Linux Standard Server 8
Sendmail 8.12.6-159
Mailman 2.0.14-18 (yes, I know it's old, it's what SuSE likes)

The symptoms:
Sendmail passes incoming messages off to the Mailman wrapper, which does
nothing with them. They are piling up (.msg and .db files) in the
~mailman/qfiles dir. There are about three days worth in there.

Anybody know what is up? The qrunner cronjob seems to be running normally, I
can't remember making any changes that would have affected mailman
operations around 3 days ago.

Alternately, is there a way I can flush these messages out manually so they
don't back up too far?

Thanks

/***************************************     .-"""-.
Michael Hurley                              '       \
Webmaster/SysAdmin                         |,.  ,-.  |
University of Connecticut School of Law    |()L( ()| |
mhurley at law.uconn.edu                      |,'  `".| |
(860) 570-5233                             |.___.',| `
***************************************/  .j `--"' `  `.
                                         / '        '   \