[Mailman-Users] Unknown user when posting to a list?

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Fri Sep 3 13:15:08 CEST 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 01:24:08AM -0700, Takahiro_Horie at nidek.com wrote:
> However, if someone tries to send to the list (test at thorie.com), they get
> an error message from the server saying that the user 'test' was not
> found.

You haven't created the aliases shown when ran the 'newlist'
command to make a list.

Or, if you are using one of the mail server configurations that
automatically determine the presence of your mailing lists, you
haven't properly configured your mail server.  Read the
README.xxx file where xxx is your mailserver.  (Also read
the INSTALL document.)

> Am I supposed to create a user account called 'test'?

No.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/