[Mailman-Users] Mailman on OS X Server

Peter Tattersall ptatters at zerobyzero.ca
Fri Sep 3 04:29:06 CEST 2004

On 2-Sep-04, at 7:36 PM, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	I'm picking up some contacts within Apple, and they tell me that the
> team which is responsible for developing and maintaining MacOS X
> Server is non-responsive to them, too.  They don't just blow off their
> customers, they also blow off their co-workers.
>
> 	There's not much you can do in the face of those kinds of problems.

The pity of it is that on the regular MacOS X it is trivial to get
Mailman going. After a head crash took out my hard drive last week I
installed MacOS 10.3 on the new drive, set up my network environment,
and made sure my connections to the net were OK. Next I downloaded
Postfix Enabler, ran it to set up and start Postfix, checked my
addresses were working, then download Mailman 2.1.5, followed the
regular install instructions, ran check_perms -f, linked the alias db
to Postfix per the Postfix READ ME, fixed up httpd.conf, and fired up
my lists. I still have to set MM as a startup application, but that's
just laziness on my part. I used to run qmail with MM, but the Postfix
set up was so easy I couldn't be bothered jumping through djb's hoops
(that laziness factor again).