[Mailman-Users] Mailman CGI error!!!

Takahiro_Horie at nidek.com Takahiro_Horie at nidek.com
Fri Sep 3 02:12:36 CEST 2004

Hello

I downloaded the debian mailman package and tried to run it.

--------------------------------
Mailman CGI error!!!
The expected gid of the Mailman CGI wrapper did not match the gid as set
by the Web server.
The most likely cause is that Mailman was configured and installed
incorrectly. Please read the INSTALL instructions again, paying close
attention to the --with-cgi-gid configure option. This entry is being
stored in your syslog:

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 33, GOT gid -1.  (Reconfigure to take
-1?)

I looked on the mailman FAQ, but it says to reconfigure with some options.
I didn't compile from source. I checked the mm_cfg.py file, but I don't
see anywhere to set gid to -1.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

By the way, I'm running Apache 2.0.50 and it is installed from source in
/home/tak/httpd

Can someone help me?

Thanks,
Takahiro