[Mailman-Users] No Date: line in digest header

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Sep 1 21:29:25 CEST 2004

At 1:53 PM -0500 2004-09-01, Todd K. Watson wrote:

>  Most MTA's and MUA's inject a Date line, but I'm using Qmail as an MTA
>  -- which doesn't inject one.  It seems that it's the job of the MUA
>  (Mailman in this case) to create the Date: line according to RFC-2822.

	The MUA should include a Date: header, that's true.  However,
it's up to the injecting MTA to either make sure that the minimum
required headers are present in the message when it accepts it, or to
put the headers on there.  Dan will violently disagree, but qmail is
at fault here.

	There are plenty of programs available for qmail users who are in
this boat and need to have their MTA add headers by default, which
qmail otherwise would not do.  However, you need to use qmail
resources to find those programs.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755